Come join us at a Teach-in workshop about the Green New Deal and a Jobs Guarantee! The Green New Deal promised a massive restructuring of our economy to center worker’s rights, climate justice, a just transition. For many, the federal Green New Deal resolution seems all encompassing and too vague at the same time. Come learn about What is a jobs guarantee? How can we achieve it? How can it be done equitably and center historically marginalized communities? This Teach-in for Economic Rights and Climate Justice will allow us to dive deeper into the jobs promise of the federal Green New Deal and what that means for Oregon and the OJTA Oregon Green New Deal platform.
Date: July 13th, from 6-8pm
Where: Sunnyside Community Center (Sanctuary)
Program and speakers:
Jobs Guarantee 101
– Economist Mitch Green, Ph.D., will deliver a brief lecture on the historical roots of job guarantee, its economics, and explain why it is necessary today.
Panel Discussion on Green New Deal
– Nicholas Caleb, Ecosocialist WGPortland DSA
– Katie Behrendt, Ecosocialist WG Portland DSA
– Candy Herrera, Labor WG, Portland DSA
– Janaira Ramirez, Oregon Just Transition Alliance
Social Hour afterward at Belmont Inn.
Accessibility: There is a ramp for access to the
building on 35th Avenue, east of the main en-
trance. There is also a series of ramps that run
through the building for those who cannot use
stairs. Unfortunately there are no elevators.
Transit: Trimet line 15 will get you within blocks
of the event. Limited parking is available in the